Friday, December 26, 2008

Do you ever wonder???


Do you ever wonder what you are eating? Holidays are surrounded by so much food. People will bring in dishes for holiday parties, office parties, and church events, etc. We just dig in and gulp down the yummy goodness. The other day my neighbor brought over some "mystery" dish for Christmas. I call it it "mystery" dish because it was meat covered in this red sauce. I took one bite and knew that it wasn't chicken. That got me thinking.....do we really pay attention to what we are eating? Why is it during the rest of the year we are careful to put our food back in the fridge but at the holiday party it sits out for hour and we think that its ok? What are they putting in the foods at these restaurants? Why is it that I can make a dish at home and have a pretty big portion. I can feel great enough to go for a walk within 15 minutes but when I eat out; now way. I have a small portion of something while dining out; I'm thirsty, bloated, and sluggish. Makes me wonder... if that ain't chicken what is it?

No comments: